With the recent storms that have hit Texas, wind damage, hail damage, and damage from downed trees or branches may damage your home. Roofing shingles can tear off, flashings damaged, and gutters can be damaged as well. When natural disasters damage your roof, you may wonder what the next steps are to filing an insurance claim. Stay tuned as we provide that information here so that you can begin repairs soon.
Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Wind and Hail Damage?
According to the Insurance Information Institute, nearly 1 in 20 homeowners will file an insurance claim every year with around 1 in 50 that will report specific damage. Most insurance companies cover some wind damage in the form of tornadoes, hailstorms, rain, and lightning. Understanding what your particular policy includes is crucial for knowing what to expect with insurance claims.
The Types of Wind and Hail Damage Insurance Covers
Here are the common types of wind and Hail damage insurance covers:
- Wind damage to roofs
- Windows, shutters, and window screens
- Fences including hail damage to vinyl fences
- Aluminum or Vinyl Siding
It’s best to review your home insurance policy to see just what is covered and talk with your agent for more information.
Submitting a Wind Damage or Hail Damage Insurance Claim
Before contacting your insurance, inspect for any damage, but carefully. Don’t go up on your roof since it could be unstable. Get binoculars if needed and check for any damage. If you have damage, this is a good time to call a professional roofer to mitigate any damages while you wait for the insurance process to take place. Many insurance policies require some type of repair to mitigate any further damages to the inside of the home. Here is the process of submitting a storm damage insurance claim for your property.
- First, ensure the area is safe. If the damage to the roof is causing water to flood into your home, get to safety. If windows are broken, ensure no one can be hurt around them.
- Document the damage with photos and videos and note when the damage occurred, the time and date.
- Write down the description of the damage and make any temporary repairs that will make your home still liveable.
- Secure valuable personal property by storing it with friends or family if possible. If not, rent a storage unit until the damage is repaired.
- Contact a professional roofer to evaluate the storm damage and make any temporary repairs that are required to keep your home watertight.
- Contact your homeowner’s insurance and begin the insurance claims process. Your insurance Taylor TX Roofing Company will send out an adjuster to check out the damage and appraise it, meaning how costly it is. They will then approve payment for a Taylor TX roof repair or replacement.
Got Wind or Hail Damage? Call Taylor's Bestex Roofing Solutions
If you’re looking for a roofing repair Taylor TX Roofing Company that serves most of Texas, including the Salt Lake Valley, Jonah TX, Victoria TX, Hutto TX, Liberty Hill TX, and Leander TX, contact Taylor's Bestex Roofing Solutions. You can trust our licensed roofing contractors that ensure high quality and a job done right the first time. Contact us for a free estimate today.