If you’re looking to replace or repair your roof, now’s the perfect time to start shopping around (online to reduce Covid-19 exposure). With warmer temps and social distancing for a bit, consider taking care of your roof issues. We’ll discuss some helpful tips in choosing the best roofing contractor, so continue reading.
Tips for Finding the Right Roofing Contractor
The biggest challenge for homeowners is finding the best roofing contractor for their needs.
Just one damaging storm can wreak havoc on a roof, so it’s essential to find a contractor that has the training and experience to get the job done right. Also, it’s important to ensure the contractor is trustworthy, honest, and professional. Here are five tips to help you make an informed decision.
- Get opinions and referrals – It’s a good idea to talk to people in your community or friends/family to get their recommendations on local roofing contractors. Local roofers are more familiar with code regulations and local rules. They also have a relationship with area crews and suppliers.
- Don’t choose the least expensive – When it comes to getting a good roofing contractor, choosing the least expensive isn’t wise. Cheap bids affect the market negatively, and anyone with proper overhead insurance has to figure that into their pricing to cover costs. It is true about getting what you pay for. A reputable, established roofing Taylor TX Roofing Company will ensure their workmanship is guaranteed.
- Avoid storm chasers – These guys are infamous when it comes to “just in your neighborhood and saw you needed help…” and prey on homeowners—particularly seniors. Most of these roofers will tell you, you have storm damage and then have you sign a letter of intent; don’t fall for it. There’s never a reason to sign an intent letter. Look over the contracts scrupulously.
- Get it in writing – Once you find a contractor and they do the job, ensure you are satisfied with the outcome and that all terms were discussed before the job with signatures by both parties. Ask how long the job will take and the crew size, so you know what to expect and plan for.
- Communication is key – Many things can go awry if you don’t communicate with your contractor or them, you. Ask yourself whether the roofing contractor returned your calls and sent the documentation you asked them to send. Did they follow through? If you answered “no,” it’s time to take your concerns to the Taylor TX Roofing Company representative. If they still can’t make good, walk away. This is a red flag. After all, if they can’t commit to everything on the front end, chances are they won’t be committed when doing the work.
Taylor's Bestex Roofing Solutions is In
You can trust us when quality matters. As Top Rated by HomeAdvisor, we rest assured the work we do is done satisfactorily. We know an open line of communication is crucial to any relationship and take it seriously. Call us for more information on our contractors and any questions you may have.