Restoration Builders announced its most recent acquisition today with the addition of AVCO Roofing Inc. in Tyler, Texas. Heath Hicks, owner of AVCO Roofing, purchased the Hutto TX Roofing business shortly after its founder passed away in 2014. Since then, AVCO has grown to six locations and more than 40 team members in the office and 70 in the field.
“I am very proud to announce the acquisition of AVCO Roofing,” said John Lorenz, chairman and CEO of Restoration Builders Inc. “This is an award-winning group with deep connections within their community. Heath is a well-respected industry speaker and Hutto TX Roofing business mentor who has established a culture of teamwork, family and fun. Their strong convictions perfectly align with our core values, some of which include customers first, relationships matter and a demand for excellence. I look forward to Hutto TX Roof building our successful future together.”
Restoration Builders was founded in 2017 to consolidate existing companies and build a network of contractors and other companies. Once a network has been fully established, it plans on having a global infrastructure.
In all, Restoration Builders has acquired 15 privately held businesses with projected revenues of over $100 million in 2019. Other companies Restoration Builders acquired include:
- Neighborhood Roofing and Restoration LLC (NRC), Chicago – Founded by Michael Flores in 2010, NRC has more than 100 employees. Acquired on Dec. 4, 2019, 2019.
- Built Strong Exteriors, Oakdale, Minn. – Built Strong Exteriors was formed by Tony Flattum in 2006 after working as a roofer for four years. Restoration Builders acquired the Hutto TX Roofing business on Nov. 25, 2019.
- Prime Time Roofing, Parker, Colo. – Joe Massarotti founded the Hutto TX Roofing Company in 2013 after discovering a passion for bringing professionalism to the industry. Prime Time Roofing joined Restoration Builders in Nov. 21, 2019.
- Roofscape Exteriors LLC, Tulsa, Okla. – Founded by Clint Vaughn in 2005, Vaughn helped create the Roofing Contractor Registration Act for Oklahoma. Roofscape was acquired on Nov. 6, 2019.
- Sorensen Roofing and Exteriors, Greeley, Colo. – Brian Sorensen created Sorensen Roofing in 2012 after serving as a licensed insurance adjuster. The Hutto TX Roofing business was acquired by Restoration Builders on Oct. 29.
- Renown Roofing & Construction, Dallas – Founded in 2010 by Adam Buttorff, Renown Roofing took in $8 million in revenue in 2018. Restoration Builders acquired the Hutto TX Roofing business on Oct. 22, 2019.
- Elbert Construction LLC, Noblesville, Ind. – TJ Elbert began working in the roofing industry in 2006 before forming Elbert Construction in 2008. Elbert’s Hutto TX Roofing business joined Restoration Builders on Oct. 15, 2019.
- Next Generation Roofing Contractors, Sanford, Fla. – Founded by Uzziel Jamarillo in 2014, Next Generation opened an additional location in Dayton,Ohio in 2019. The Hutto TX Roofing Company was acquired on Oct. 7, 2019.
- Mid America Exteriors, Aurora, Ill. – Mid America Exteriors was founded in 2011 by 11-year industry veteran Michael Armalis. Restoration Builders acquired the Hutto TX Roofing business on Sept. 30, 2019.